This has been tested while successfully trying to install Windows 7 from a bootable USB key on a Asus EEE Pc 1008HA netbook. The same instructions may apply to other netbook models and/or operating systems: in this case, read your user manual to check what are the correct keys to be pressed to perform the actions described in this recipe. Follow these steps:
- Turn off your netbook.
- Turn it on, and keep pressing F2 repeatedly unless the BIOS screen appears.
- In the Boot section, disable Boot Booster.
- Plug your bootable USB key in a USB port.
- Press F10, then Enter to confirm. The netbook will reboot.
- Keep pressing ESC repeatedly unless a boot menu appears.
- The menu displays a list of bootable devices. Choose your USB key and press Enter.
You’re done! You may want to re-enable Boot Booster following steps 1 to 3 again, and then pressing F10 and Enter to confirm the changes you made to the BIOS configuration.
UPDATE: User Kityspit has written some additional instructions for the Asus 1225b netbook. You can find them here.